The following guidelines of dress for the students of Ashland Christian School have been thoughtfully addressed and approved by the School Board and administration. The dress code guidelines assist the educational process in realizing the educational goals of Ashland Christian School and are supported by principles found in the Word of God: Titus 3:1-2, Romans 13:1&5 – Submission to Authority, Roman 12:1-2 and I Corinthians 6:19-20 – Unconformity to the world’s pattern. These guidelines apply to any school activity unless otherwise directed by the ACS office. The school administrator will be the final arbiter of appropriate student dress and grooming.
Dress Code Guidelines
- Clothing must be free of holes, fraying, and excessive fading and should not be form-fitting or see-through.
- Appropriate pictures or writing are allowed on ACS shirts.
- No athletic shorts.
- Shirts must be at or above the collarbone and meet the top of the pants/skirt/shorts even when arms are raised. Shirts must have sleeves.
- Shorts (boys & girls) and dresses/skirts (girls) should be no shorter than the top of the knee – even if worn over leggings.
- If coats/hoodies are worn inside the school building, they must meet dress code guidelines. Hats may not be worn inside the building.
- Shoes must cover the whole foot. No slippers/sandals.
- Visible tattoos and body piercing (except for girl’s earrings) are not permitted.
- Hair may not hang over the eyes or be of unusual color or extreme style. Boys must keep hair above the collar and above the bottom of the ear.